Prev: RE: Off to ECC! :-) Next: Re: more Laserlight's FT Lite rules

Re: more Laserlight's FT Lite rules

From: <bail9672@b...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:43:34 -0500
Subject: Re: more Laserlight's FT Lite rules

(please people, change the subject line if you talk about something
else)

> For the record, I thought the official answer was that you don't
round. If
> you're going at a speed of 9 mu, you move 4.5 mu in the first half
of the
> movement, and 4.5 mu in the second half of the movement.

I wasn't asking about rounding on movement, just ranges.

> As with the range bands, unless you see a contrary statement...

So what range band is a target in at 12"?  12 1/16"? 12 1/2"?
0-12 or 12-24?	I've seen this on charts.  Looks contrary to me.

Re: speed and velocity
I know there is a difference, but to a 11-year old, or anyone not
into math/physics, they are not going to care.	(of course, these days
11-year old is going to say "no cards?	game sucks" :( ).
But, whatever; guess I'm being picky about easing into the game and
keeping terminology at a minimum (and then I want to add systems,
silly me. :) )

Re: firing out rear arcs
Frankly, I think that rule is stupid, but that's my opinion.  What
sf show do people might see regularly?	Star Trek.  What do
Star Trek ships do?  Shoot rearwards.  But that's a "universe"
specific thing.  B5 never shot backwards (they spun instead,
but you cannot do that in cinematic movement).	Didn't the
Millenium Falcon ever shoot its turreted weapons rearward?
It looks like it could even with drives activated.
Yeah, we house rule it away.

So I shouldn't place a couple sheets of these rules next to a
Fleet Book sitting on the shelf in my store?

Don't misunderstand me, those Lite rules are great and keeping
it down to one page is fantastic.  I agree, if there's only one thing
to add it would be pulse torps to show another weapon system.

Glen

Prev: RE: Off to ECC! :-) Next: Re: more Laserlight's FT Lite rules