Prev: Re: Laserlight's FT Lite rules and RWC Next: [OT] Starship Troopers supplies - American source for cheap Bugs (spiders)

Re: Fighters and Hangers

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:36:02 +0100
Subject: Re: Fighters and Hangers

Ryan Gill wrote:

>>>  I do not have a copy of the rulebook yet so I need to
>>>  ask what is probably a very simple question. In game
>>>  terms what is the difference between a fighter bay and
>>>  XX Capacity hanger?
>>
>>Simply put, a fighter bay is for fighters and a hangar bay is for
small
>>ships, like pinances, system boats, drop ships, etc.
>
>Technically, there is little difference. The Fighter bays are just
>arranged for fighters in particular.

...and also crammed full of equipment like rapid refuelling and rearming

gear which is absent in the small craft bays. While a fighter group
could
land in a small craft bay it can't be refueled or rearmed nearly as
rapidly
there as they could in a proper fighter bay (in game terms: they can't
re-launch); and a small craft doesn't fit inside a fighter bay unless
you
jettison all the fighter support equipment first.

>One could argue that the bays are in fact all one big bay with
redundant
>systems. Overall cost is the same. 1.5 mass for the hanger for 1 mass
of craft.

Except that according to St^3 Jon fighters aren't 1 mass; they're
smaller...

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com