Prev: Re: Laserlight's FT Lite Next: Re: Laserlight's FT Lite

Re: Laserlight's FT Lite rules

From: Laserlight <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:13:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Laserlight's FT Lite rules

bail9672@bellsouth.net wrote:
> All the Beam Weapons section mention are the arcs of fire, nothing
> mentioning Aft or any other name for other arcs.  Most of us know what
> Aft means, but rules that are introductory should not be so assuming.

No room for a glossary.  I assume that people will get these rules
either because a FT player hands it to them (in which case they have a
FT player handy), or because Jon includes it in a pack of FT ship minis
(if they're buying ships, they'll likely know what 'aft' means).

> Or, do not mention Aft and let people fire in any direction they want
> whether they used thrust points or not.

I think "no aft fire" is a key aspect of FT tactics.

> When sample SSDs are added it's going to be two pages anyway.

It's going to have all the *rules* on one page, though.

> Should any other system descriptions be added?

First off, this is FT LITE, not FT.  Second, I wouldn't add a system
that doesn't have any use in this context (FTL, PDS).  I don't think
armor adds enough difference to bother with.
  If I were going to add something, it would be PTorps.

> Are these rules the basis of any "real" FT Lite rules that GZG might
> put out?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Jon gave his approval and they're
copyright GZG, not me.	They're not ready for distribution to the masses

until Adrian or someone fixes the graphics and (and makes an A4-size),
but I'd imagine they'll be on gzg.com eventually.

Prev: Re: Laserlight's FT Lite Next: Re: Laserlight's FT Lite