Prev: RE: OT: VSF Scenario Contest on TMP -- May I have your vote? Next: Re: Laserlight's FT Lite

Re: Submittal: Rim World Concordium- Long

From: Laserlight <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:46:06 -0500
Subject: Re: Submittal: Rim World Concordium- Long

Todd Pote wrote:

> RIM WORLD CONCORDIUM

Possibly also known as the Outer Rim Coalition, since they're ORC ships.

> The Concordium, sometimes referred to by more legitimate nations as
the
> pirates alliance, is composed of several former pirate clan colonies.

If they're clans, are they of any particular ethnic extraction?

> Black Sword and Star Cobra clans

Is this intentionally reminiscent of the Mech Warrior universe?

> 2179-    Anti-piracy raids by outside naval forces cease within
> Concordium territory after the loss with all hands of the NSL
> battlecruiser “Schaubach”  to two Concordium corvettes

That must've been an interesting battle -- two corvettes knocking out a
battlecruiser.	Not saying it couldn't happen, with hot enough dice, but

that's not the way to bet.  (I use SMR-armed strikeboats and there's a
reason I don't bother thinking up names for them).

> 2191-    The most powerful warship in known space is launched by the
> Concordium.

I could handle everything up to this point, but this is a little hard to

swallow.  More powerful than anything the UN, NAC, ESU, NSL, or FSE has
launched?

> the Kestrels move to engage
> the “Grapeshot” itself obviously thinking it just another human
SDN.
> Their mistake resulted in the immediate destruction of all three
> Kestrels

You must have a lot better luck with Salvo Missiles against KV than I've

ever had.

> SHIPS OF THE RIMWORLD CONCORDIUM NAVY:
>
> Halo Class Corvette
> (The UNSC were not happy when this class was launched armed with
graser
> technology)

Since it's a UN-only technology, yeah, I'd imagine they'd be very, very
surprised, to say the least.  How does a nation which was until very
recently just a collection of pirates a) acquire the plans and b) create

the infrastructure to support it?

Prev: RE: OT: VSF Scenario Contest on TMP -- May I have your vote? Next: Re: Laserlight's FT Lite