Prev: Re: UN ships online eh? Next: Re: FTJava: Sacrifices of Medinah

Re: UN ships online eh?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:05:48 +0000
Subject: Re: UN ships online eh?

>Ryan Gill wrote:
>>
>>  At 8:10 PM -0600 2/18/04, Doug Evans wrote:
>>  >  >So daft question. Why are the UN ships blue? Why not the nice UN
>>  >>white with big black "U N" letters on the side?
>>  >
>>  >Well, some of the ships are as gray as my NSL's, but the thing that
came to
>>  >mind is that it was the same contractor doing the peacekeepers'
helmets,
>>  >but got the wrong mix when attempting bulk painting.
>>  >
>>  >UN vehicles are usually white, and that's your point, right? APC's
and the
>>  >like.
>>  >
>>  >Don't think they have any naval component just yet. That they're
admitting,
>>  >at least.
>>
>>  Well, considering that the UN has no real full
>>  time force, I'm surprised there is a UNSC
>>  component in the first place. Perhaps the Blue is
>>  for permanent and White would be for Earth Ships
>>  assigned to UN duties.
>
>Or any other explanation. The UNSC in the GZGVerse isn't the same
>UN that we have in current real time. The UNSC in the future is
>a different organization - and has teeth. :-)	It's not going to
>gum the opposition to death.
>
>Mk

 From when I designed them, I had always envisaged the UNSC ships
being predominantly white, with some large areas of pale to mid blue
(perhaps broad bands around main hull and wings, with the UNSC logo
on these bands in maybe white or gold?); drive units in grey or
gunmetal.

BUT, this is certainly not an "official" scheme - just an idea. I do
like Agis' all-blue ships, I think they work well. In the end, do
what you like best!

Seeing as I've never even had the chance to paint any myself....  ;-)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: UN ships online eh? Next: Re: FTJava: Sacrifices of Medinah