Next: Re: [OT] Re Good riddence?/ Bindings and how to treat them/ Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

Re: simple rules for non-gamers

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:04:22 +0000
Subject: Re: simple rules for non-gamers

Adrian wrote:

> They reminded me of my collection of
> Britains (Britain's??) cowboy and indian figures from when I was 5 or
6.

Now that you mention it, I know my earliest wargaming memories really
predate Panzer Leader. I got Panzer Leader for my 13th birthday. My
first miniatures game, with the plastic airfix Napoleonics, must have
predated that by a good couple of years.

But _way_ before that, I remember creating my own wargame using an old
world map that my Dad got when he was working on renovations at a
school. I created my own counters and my own rules. I must have been
about 7 or 8 when I did that. I think it was based loosely on Risk,
which I didn't play until sometime after that.

You bring back lots of memories talking about Britains figures. They
were fairly easy to find in Canada (I'm sure the Brits on the list found
them a _lot_ easier to find), and I remember spending a lot of money on
them. I still have, somewhere, some of the vehicles that I used with the
1/32 scale Airfix figures.

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Next: Re: [OT] Re Good riddence?/ Bindings and how to treat them/ Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?