Prev: [OT] Re Good riddence?/ Bindings and how to treat them/ Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together? Next: Re: simple rules for non-gamers

RE: simple rules for non-gamers

From: "Steve Gill" <Steve@c...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:11:22 -0000
Subject: RE: simple rules for non-gamers

Eric Fialkowski wrote:

> > Sorry to step in here, especially when it's meandering so OT, but
for
> those
> > who've not experience the original books, Dom means this literally.
I've
> > several books from the period, and the bindings just fall apart. You
> always
> > have to check for errant pages, as they drop out when you least
notice
> it.
>
> Hate to add to the OT'ness but GW claimed that the "northerly transit
of
> ships" caused the binding glue to get "too cold" and start falling
> apart.  I have a copy of WH:Siege that I'm afraid to open anymore.

Which just doesn't explain why copies in the UK fell apart too - unless
they
sent all the copies backwards and forwards across the Atlantic until
they
got 'too cold' intentionally ;-)

---
Steve Gill

Steve@caws.demon.co.uk
lion_azure@ntlworld.co.uk
http://www.caws.demon.co.uk
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lion_azure/
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/caws.uk/hotelwars/hotel_wars.htm

This message has been checked for all known viruses by Norton Internet
Security.