Prev: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together? Next: RE: simple rules for non-gamers

Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:19:21 +0000
Subject: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

Jon wrote:

> But, if I want a Panzer III then I know can get
> one from at least half a dozen manufacturers; it'll cost me round
> about the same from whoever (between 4 and 5 UKP or thereabouts), but
> they will vary in quality from crisp, accurate castings to
> barely-recognisable lumps of lead - so obviously I'd buy the best one
> I could get.

Jon, I'm always reading queries in rec.games.miniatures.historical as to
whether this figure line will look right with that figure line. I think
scale matching is more of an issue in historical figures. You might put
up with garbage from one manufacturer if they make something you want
that exactly matches the scale of the figures you currently use. You may
just love one aspect of their line (e.g. their infantry). When you
finally expand into another aspect of the line (e.g. their tanks), you
will take the company's garbage figures because you know you can fix
them and they will be the same scale. Another company may make a much
better figure, but if it's slightly out of scale it will look "worse"
than the bad casting in the same scale.

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together? Next: RE: simple rules for non-gamers