Prev: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together? Next: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:01:33 +0000
Subject: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

> However, even historicals can be made with a nice level of quality for
> a fair price. Recently I got some samples for various 6mm modern
> manufacturers (not HGQ though), and the prices were all sort of
> similar.

I have to say that I've been very impressed with the figures I've
purchased from Old Glory, which includes figures from their American
Civil War 15mm and 25mm lines, their WW1 25mm line, and their samurai
25mm line. The castings have been very nice. I never had a problem with
any of the Essex 15mm historicals I purchased, either. In contrast, I
remember some really poor Citadel figures from the late 80s where I had
to paint around the fact that the mould halves had shifted around the
figure's face.

I have seen some pretty pitiful 15mm historicals, though. I suspect that
there is so little call for some lines that bad quality slips through. I
think historical players are more forgiving as they often have trouble
finding obscure figure lines. Fantasy miniature manufacturers have more
demand, too, which drives drives up the price and the sales margins.

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together? Next: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?