Prev: Re: [DS] "Army" packs? Next: STARSHIP TROUPERS!

Re: [DS] "Army" packs?

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 08:28:56 -0800
Subject: Re: [DS] "Army" packs?

Actually, Games Workshop has been doing boxed sets of minis for years.
And it's a good idea. The number one concern of a store stocking a
miniatures line is "can people walk in, give us money and start playing
?" Number one, besides normal business considerations of course.But if a

customer walks in wanting to start playing a particular game and she
can't walk out with enough lead to start playing with - then you lose
one sale now and more down the line. I used to reorder miniatures twice
a week at Games of Berkeley just so that situation wouldn't happen.

Boxed sets would be a great way to get GZG back on store shelves in the
States, and the Commonwealth crowd might go for them too.

Damond Walker wrote:

>    I brought the topic up because I read on TMP that Italeri is coming
out
>with some WW2 skirmish set with figures, tanks, rules, etc.  I think
it's a
>trend that GZG shouldn't ignore to be honest with you all.  I'd like to
see
>Jon have a small boxed set which includes enough rules and metal to
play the
>game out of the box.
>
>    A little cover artwork, four baggies of figs, a scaled down
DS2(3?), and

--
We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade
and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are

http://www.cs.umb.edu/jfklibrary/j091262.htm

Prev: Re: [DS] "Army" packs? Next: STARSHIP TROUPERS!