Prev: RE: Looking for miniatures... Next: Re: (OT) Dalek visitors

Re: FT losing market share?

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:02:34 -0600
Subject: Re: FT losing market share?

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:43:03 -0800 "Karl A. Bergman"
<karlbergman@charter.net> writes:

><snip>  But even there I fear that if they can't get easy access to
>product
>to sell they might drop support for the game.	After all they are in
>business to sell product, not just to provide us a place to play.  And
>as
>most of us here in the states have no other place for public
>gatherings to
>play games but the stores, this can limit exposure to games which the
>store
>does not carry.  This could easily account for market share loss.

Son of a toadstool!  I get so tired of that situation.

It's only been since I moved to Saint Louis in 1986 that I have
encountered this practice.  I guess I was spoiled by years of war games
in the Public Library meeting room in Sacramento (supplemented by two
homes with war games playing owners with dedicated tables - thanks Randy
V. V. And Alan L. - for the games) for free (If the public was allowed
in, it cost for 'private' events) and while I know that free may no
longer be an option even at the tax supported libraries of the world,
there are other places to play war games besides shops fer heavens'
sake!

Yes, it's easy: Yes, it free (well unless you feel coerced to play only
games the shop carries (then it isn't free is it?) even if the source of
the coercion is an over active guilt trip); Yes, it's nice to play and
buy at the same place.	But sometimes the 'path less chosen' might be
the
best path.  That said, we have a fine collection of supportive stores (4
that we use once a month for 4 games in a month and at least four other
stores that sell miniatures of one genre or another.)

My regrets for those who have no other place to play war games.

Gracias,

Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: RE: Looking for miniatures... Next: Re: (OT) Dalek visitors