Prev: Re: FT losing market share? Next: RE: Looking for miniatures...

Re: FT losing market share?

From: <bail9672@b...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:16:45 -0500
Subject: Re: FT losing market share?

Everything I was going to say has been said.  My store's example is
that my partner does the ordering from one of several US distributors
and it's easy to do.  He gets a fax from Gameboard every day
listing restocks and new products.  He checks that list daily, and
highlights things he wants to order.  He doesn't only order from
Gameboard (they don't care everything), he does talk to other
distributors and we do have their catalogues.

Now, I could remind him that we are out of FT books, but frankly,
I want FT3.  I don't want to have new players buy FT and FB1
to get the rules.  I second the idea of a free Full Thrust Lite, which
should probably come with a product list and some pictures of
the miniatures.  Also include a couple ship designs, new or from
FB1, plus cut outs for the ships, but no design rules, so players
can play the game as soon as they get it.

And a little funny: my partner saw something about the Phalon ship
miniatures being very cheap and ordered hordes some time ago.
You should have seen the look on his face when he saw what
they looked like.  We still have hordes of Phalon miniatures.  We
even priced them really cheap (passing the savings onto the
customers).
 :)  or is it  :( ?

Here's an idea, not sure how feasible it is, though.  Place a SSD
in each miniature package.

Hmm, we have several B5 Wars miniatures hanging around.  Maybe
I should work up some SSDs for them to hand out if they are bought
for Full Thrust; that is if we do get more books (if we do order we
should get DS and SG, also; but I don't play those myself).

Glen
Dragon's Lair Games
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

http://www.adventuregamestore.com/index.html

Prev: Re: FT losing market share? Next: RE: Looking for miniatures...