Prev: [GZG] Market share in SE? Next: RE: [GZG] Website pictures? Re: Future of Full Thrust WAS

RE: FT losing market share?

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:31:17 -0700
Subject: RE: FT losing market share?

Or everyone on the list should just be a FT "crack" dealer and order an
extra set of rulebooks.  If you are at a con and someone wants to buy a
set - you have one set ready for their instant gratification.  You then
take that money and order another set (or two if the demand is high).

Considering the amount of unpainted lead that most people have,
purchasing an extra set of rulebooks to sit around is probably not a
huge temporary investment for an increased return in getting more people
to play. For example if you put down about $75 for two sets of rulebooks
(approximate price for 2, 20 pound FT 3 Book deals) before putting on a
demo or convention game, chances are you will sell one or both sets to a
new player.  People then have the ability to see the rulebooks, the
miniatures, and you gain the benefit of the immediate gaming enthusiasm
to make a convert to FT.

If you sell both sets of rules, you end up even money-wise and you might
have two new players to the game who have already invested in the rules.

Lather, rinse, repeat as necessary (just kidding)

--Binhan