Prev: Re: [GZG] Website pictures? Re: Future of Full Thrust WAS Next: RE: FT losing market share?

RE: FT losing market share?

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefertma@w...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:21:19 -0600
Subject: RE: FT losing market share?

I have to echo a few of the sentiments here.  A couple of months ago I
ran a
series of FT demos at a local game store.  They loved it and loved the
GZGs
minis I brought for the game.  The number one question they had was:
Where
can I get it?  I told them that GZG no longer had a North American
distributor and they would have to order it online.  To say that they
were
disappointed by this prospect was an understatement.  Some of the
disappointed were of the "support your local game store" mentality.
Others
where teens who didn't have access to a credit card.

The owner, who had played FT in the passed was initially pleased with my
demos, said there was a lot of talk of making FT a regular feature at
his
store.	However, that talk died down soon after the demos when players
realized that they couldn't get the game as easily as they could get any
other.

I think we better rethink the whole North American distribution issue.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

Prev: Re: [GZG] Website pictures? Re: Future of Full Thrust WAS Next: RE: FT losing market share?