Prev: Re: Power Projection - standalone? Next: Re: Full Torque?

Re: Honor Harrington RPG (was Re: Starship Troopers)

From: Dom Mooney <cybergoths@d...>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:18:51 +0000
Subject: Re: Honor Harrington RPG (was Re: Starship Troopers)

On Monday, Feb 9, 2004, at 09:20 Europe/London, Roger Burton West wrote:

> Slightly more seriously - does anyone know whether the people writing
> it
> plan to handle ship combat at all, and if so how? I don't believe they
> have any wargaming background, but omitting it completely is unlikely
> be popular.

I hope they test it. The guys that did d20 Traveller (Traveller T20)
didn't test the combat system beyond PC sized ships which meant they
didn't notice that a meson bay (ie a secondary weapon, even though a
military oone) has a 30% chance of completely destroying a 300,000 ton
battleship. In a single shot!!

Compared to every previous version of Traveller that's very wrong.

Ideally, the people doing the HH RPG need to run some of the battles
from the books as a sanity check to see if similar results are possible.

Cheers,

Dom

---------cybergoths_at_dsl.pipex.com----------
      http://www.powerprojection.net/
Power Projection: "It's all about going to other people's
planets and making *them* do what *we* want."
CPO Vandenbroucke, IIN Dreadnought 'Cleon the First'.

Prev: Re: Power Projection - standalone? Next: Re: Full Torque?