Prev: Re: FMAS: Hit locations Next: Re: FMAS: Hit locations

Re: FMAS: Hit locations

From: Damond Walker <damosan@c...>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 10:41:14 -0500
Subject: Re: FMAS: Hit locations

On 2/8/04 10:28 AM, "Doug Evans" <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:

> Two comments for an area in which I'm completely over my head.
>
> 1) I seem to recall that someone in the FMAS test group was
particularly
> fond of ICE's Phoenix Command, which I recall as being very detailed
and
> partially base on military research into wound and mortality records.
This
> might be possible to distill into something both useful and in touch
with
> reality.

I'm familiar with Phoenix Command and I hardly want to introduce a table
which results in a hit to the upper ankle, outer radial, etc, etc,
etc....

I'm simply thinking about rolling a d10: 1-5 torso, 6 left leg, 7 right
leg,
8 right arm, 9 left arm, 10 head.

Professionals are taught to shoot at center mass thus the torso heavy
values
above.

> 2) My understanding is that there are weapons that can kill, as in
right
> now, with just a limb hit. Not sure if 'urban legend' or not, but if
true,
> the question becomes, would it be common enough to be placed in a
simple
> system.

Not being a ballistics expert I can imagine a .50 to the upper arm will
remove the arm and a significant chunk of meat from the torso as well.
It's
a simple thing to state that an impact value over N that results in a
kill
will remove the model regardless of area hit.

Damo

Prev: Re: FMAS: Hit locations Next: Re: FMAS: Hit locations