Prev: Re: Starship Troopers Next: Re: Starship Troopers

Re: Starship Troopers

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:00:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Starship Troopers

> >>Still, the mini game might be interesting -- but only if they have
> >>the PA! MI without their suits just isn't right.
> >>
> >If they follow the book, it will be rather dull. A MI platoon on the
> >bounce is spread over a very wide front. Your left and right buddy
> >would be a kilometer (or was it even more?) away.
>
> Actually, it sounds like it would work well for Dirtside. 10"
> separation between infantry stands. Figs for MI would be easy, 1
> figure for a stand. Bugs would be a problem...lots and lots of bugs...

During the second ECC (or was it third?) Los and I think Magic had
brought Starship Troopers with them and were playing it in miniature
one evening. Los had picked up a massive bag of plastic ants for the
Bugs (and then at the end of the weekend he donated them to the con
for future prizes; we're still giving them out!). I don't remember
if they were doing a modified SGII game, or DSII, or something of
their own creation.

Mk

Prev: Re: Starship Troopers Next: Re: Starship Troopers