Prev: RE: (FT) small vs large ships, was YAFS Next: RE: (FT) small vs large ships, was YAFS

Pictures of a few painted GZG Japanese ships.

From: FlakMagnet72 <flakmagnet@t...>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 15:41:03 -0500
Subject: Pictures of a few painted GZG Japanese ships.

Here's a few pics of my first "proof of concept" for my japanese fleet.
The
thinking behind this color scheme is that "back in the day" red and gold

pretty much dominated Japanese heraldic (of course, with exceptions), so
decided to go with red and metallic gold details on my Japanese fleet.
For
special or command ships, I may deviate from the red-gold color scheme
for
variety.  The areas I picked out in white are "sensor" domes.

Where I can find room on the models, I'm going to apply 1/300th scale
WWII
"Rising Sun" flags.  I figure if Japan is going to change it's
constitution
enough to un-renounce war as an instrument of foreign policy and thus
require
a space-fleet, then it's also going to feel comfortable about going back
the Rising Sun for it's national flag.

Anyway, here are the seven images:

http://geocities.com/flakmagnet72/pics/full-thrust/

Any of the images starting with "dcp" for the filename...

I haven't settled on any design doctrine or anything like that yet, so I
don't
have "Japanese" SSD's to share.  I have an old book about navies leading
up
to, during and following WWII, so I may base my Japanese fleet off of
the NAC
designs with adjustments to make it compare roughly to the way the
Japanese
WWII wet navy compared to the US's WWII wet navy.  Just an idea that I
haven't researched enough to really decide if it was a good one yet.

--
--Tim
http://geocities.com/flakmagnet72

Prev: RE: (FT) small vs large ships, was YAFS Next: RE: (FT) small vs large ships, was YAFS