Prev: RE: [FT] Yet Another, another fighters suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another, another fighters suggestion

Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:27:10 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

***
No worries. Actually, as Doug reminded us this *was* in fact mentioned
on
this list too about a year ago, albeit for NDA reasons very briefly (and
had completely forgotten about it):
***

Still, worthy of attempts for a house rule to help balance. One could
include 'the bigger the ship, the more fighters may attack' clause, or
defense modifier for high thrust (often but not always smaller ships),
but
those are getting pretty fiddly.

Likewise, looking back at several of the notes, I'm not certain whether
was the first to mention the per-wave PDS shots on the list or not;
obviously, it had been discussed on the playtest list long before Feb
'03.
At the time, I thought I may have mentioned earlier, but it's not in the
archives that I can find.

Fortunately, I've still got 'groggy' to fall back on... ;->=

Thanks, Oerjan!

***
This is an off-the-cuff idea, but has anyone considered giving
warships a "built-in" fighter defense value? Something like, for every
x mass of the ship, the ship gets y PDS systems?
***

Hard to PSB: as target ships grow in size, a larger percentage of pilots
find themselves unable to avoid ramming unvulnerably armored areas on
them... ;->=

Seriously, I don't think it balances in the same pattern as 'the massed
fighter problem', but I'll have to cogitate, or wait for 'someone else'
explain the numbers.

The_Beast

Prev: RE: [FT] Yet Another, another fighters suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another, another fighters suggestion