Prev: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

From: "Sylvester" <Xveers@h...>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:42:30 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

> >The thing is, fighters should be easier with more ships on board and
> >plenty of space vs harder. More room for shops, economy of scale,
etc.

> Which is why I was thinking that infrastructure, the assets devoted to
> coordinating those fighters, might well get quite dear, though still
> worthwhile, as the number of fighters involved goes up. Think
leadership
> points, or command rating, or what-have-you.
>
> I was thinking AWAC's, but not sure their apropos as an example.

I think this would be a particularily good idea, perhaps working in some

kind of tie into the current system. A command rating would be more
approprate, perhaps a TOC component that can be built onto the
carriers to manage the fighter groups...

OTOH, you might just do well by having a house rule of some sort...

I've had the pleasure of going up against custom assault carriers that
spit out 8 fighter groups per, 2 interceptors, 2 heavies, and 4 torp
bombers. Not fun. The side note was that not too many of them
actually survived, since I use plenty of PDAF in my designs to
counter general missile/fighter threats. Once the fighters shot their
wad, the carrier popped like a soap bubble.

Prev: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion