Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:10:44 -0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

Roger Burton West wrote:

>Slightly more seriously: what value does ADFC have at this point?

>I don't like breaking the concept that FT weapons only fire once per
>turn.

I've always thought of PD/B-1 firing numerous pulses when targeting
Fighters/missiles (hence the re-roll), therefore I'd invisage that a
"collective" PD based on the formations PD as a whole would not be so
accurate as regular PD fire but able to target all attacking fighters
(The
fighters having to negotiate their way through pre-sighted zones of
PD/AD
weapons fire rather than actually being tracked and targeted
individually).
This is where ADFC's could come into play, being used to take PDS mounts
out
of the collective "PD/AD" fire pattern and used to target, with
increased
accurracy, specific threats.

On the otherhand this whole process could be time consuming or just
plain
fiddly to those (such as myself) who are not overly mathmatticaly
inclined.
It certainly adds a layer of complication and I never see that as being
good thing in FT...

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion