Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:31:20 -0000
Subject: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

Doug wrote:

>>Would damage be applied after each individual wave/group attacked or
once
>>all wave/groups have attacked? If it was the former it may make the
whole
>>fighter attack more time consuming, but on the overhand it would make
>>things
>>a lot more intense waiting to see if one wave/group manages to
threshhold
>>the PDS systems, thus leaving the ship wide open to the following
waves.
***

>Now there's a point I'd never considered when I first suggested the
idea
>long ago and far away. I was assuming damage would be applied at once,
but
>you're right about it being time consuming.

>I also imagine it works out to be a question of PSB vs game balance...

What this discussion does bring to my mind is the ww2 USN footage from
the
pacififc of Japanese fighters attacking through a soild wall of AA fire,
could this be reflected in someway perhaps? (Whereby all the PDS/B-1
armed
vessels in a fleet can contribute their pd fire to the formation as a
whole?).

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion