Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 20:28:00 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 16:26:55 -0800 (PST) Brian Burger
<yh728@victoria.tc.ca> writes:
<snip>
>We're probably going to run thru the entire fighters debate, yet
>again, so
>here's my contribution: fighters are too cheap. The cost should go up
>by
>1.5x or 2x per group. You're paying for a weapon system that is
>invulnerable until *it* decides to attack something, which is
>something no
>other ship or system in FT has.
>
>Brian.

No hordes of fighters experience but this seems to be an artifact of the
"naval" view of space combat.  Yes, I am beating a quite dead horse
[except in my own mind] indeed! <grin>

Gracias,

Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion