Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [SG][FT] Blank Data Sheets

Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 16:26:55 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 agoodall@att.net wrote:

> "Eric Foley" <stiltman@teleport.com> wrote:
>
> > The rules system itself is not the problem, nor has it ever been.
>
> ...in your opinion. As has been pointed out _many_ times here, your
opinion
> is hardly universal.

In addition, Eric's suggested "fix" - KV scatterguns - DO change the
rules, because there are no mixed-race-tech ships among the default
ships,
and many people don't mix tech in their custom designs; indeed, Jon
suggests against it in FB2.

We're probably going to run thru the entire fighters debate, yet again,
so
here's my contribution: fighters are too cheap. The cost should go up by
1.5x or 2x per group. You're paying for a weapon system that is
invulnerable until *it* decides to attack something, which is something
no
other ship or system in FT has.

Brian.

Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [SG][FT] Blank Data Sheets