Prev: Re: DS II - Unit sizes? Next: RE: Re[2]: DS II - Unit sizes?

Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW FT SHIPS!!

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:30:25 -0600
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW FT SHIPS!!

Last jew (by blood, my aunt married a Jewish gentlemen in her lifetime,
foolishly let the dude get away and kept kicking herself the rest of
her
life) in the family was my grandfather but grew up around Conservative
and Orthodox Jews and Sabra was never anything but a positive reference
to a native Israeli.

Gracias,
Glenn

"Half the Harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to
feel important.  They don't mean to do harm - but the harm does not
interest them.	 Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they
are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves."
     T. S. Elliot

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 07:47:39 -0500 Noam Izenberg
<noam.izenberg@jhuapl.edu> writes:
>On Jan 29, 2004, at 2:00 AM, The GZG Digest wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 06:10:16 +0000
>> From: Lachlan Atcliffe <u1m87@ugm.keele.ac.uk>
>>
>> I hate to pitch in on this one, but an Israeli friend of mine also
>> notes
>> that "Sabra" is more normally connected with atrocities committed
>> during
>> the war in Lebenon. In his words, it would be like calling a USN
>vessel
>> "Vietnam".
>>
>> If there are nicer connotations for the name, could some nice person
>
>> let
>> me know?
>
>That's the first time I've ever heard of this.
>Sabra has always been for me a name for native Israelis - like the
>desert fruit: tough and prickly on the outside, sweet on the inside.
>My
>mom's a Sabra. Perhaps it's living in the States, but in my experience
>
>Sabra does not have that negative connotation. If I'm in the minority,
>
>however, I guess I'd rather change it as well. Am I really in the
>minority?

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: DS II - Unit sizes? Next: RE: Re[2]: DS II - Unit sizes?