Prev: RE: PP: Fleet: It is MINE! Next: Re: [FT] Advanced drives and beams

Re: [FT] New Kra'Vak

From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@o...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:19:32 +1100
Subject: Re: [FT] New Kra'Vak

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

>Lots of human nations have combined forces against the Kra'Vak,
including
>fighting in mix-nation task forces, and several of the minor human
nations
>buy warships from more than one major supplier. Why wouldn't the
Kra'Vak
>clans combine forces against the humans, or buy ships from one another?
If
>they do, would humanity be able to tell the different KV clans apart?

 I'm sure the Kra'Vak clans would combine against the humans,
 but in some? many? cases it may not be any more harmonious than
 the NAC and ESU! "Once we've dealt with these disgusting hairy
 creatures your entire clan are history pal!" "Oh yeah?" ...

 As for telling them apart, IMHO the centre line designs DO look
 quite different to the current Kra'Vak. We've already got five
 'official' human fleets and more on the way, each with their
 own characteristics. I know it's a science fiction cliche (for
 television anyway) that aliens are all homogenous and unified,
 unlike the diverse humans, but it's not compulsory :-)

 I just got back from a convention and my imagination is running
 in high gear. This was an idea I thought worth throwing around.
 (Expect a few more!)

>On a more practical note, I'm not planning to sculpt any more
>centre-line-gun KV designs within the foreseeable future. However, the
KV
>range is very modular and Jon sells the individual KV bits separately
if
>you ask him nicely, so you shouldn't have any trouble kitbashing any
larger
>centre-line-gun ships you want just like Eric Fialkowski and I've done
(the
>latest KV models are all based on my old KV kit-bashes)!

 Will give it a go, but first I've got to finish my B5 Shadows,
 and then some modified NAC...

	Hugh

Prev: RE: PP: Fleet: It is MINE! Next: Re: [FT] Advanced drives and beams