Prev: Fwd: PP: Fleet: It is MINE! Next: Re: Miniatures Storage

Re: Miniatures Storage

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:56:17 +0000
Subject: Re: Miniatures Storage

>>If you use pistol cases, keep them out of sight at all times. Another
option,
>>which is about as cheap as a pistol case but more work, is to get your
own
>>foam and cut sheets to fit in a plastic container (Rubbermaid,
Sterlite,
>>etc.). If you're very industrious, you can cut out compartments for
the
>>figures.
>
>I’ve relatively recently picked up a Sabol “Army Transport”, after
>years of using Chessex boxes, and I’ve gotta say that I’m quite
>pleased with it.  Great way to transport LOTS of stuff of odd sizes,
>most certainly including Full Thrust ships.
>
>I need to modify one of the foam trays to hold pencils and dice and
>such at some point before GZGECC, now that I think of it.

Paul, our caster, buys lots of VERY cheap plastic kiddies'
lunch-boxes from a  local surplus and cheap stuff store - they are
various sizes, mostly around 10" x 8" x 3" or so. They cost him a
couple of quid each, and usually have some horrible gaudy sticker on
the front that peels off - you're left with a fairly sturdy plastic
case with snap closures and a handle  (OK, in a nasty colour of
plastic usually, but at least they are not going to get mistaken for
pistol cases!!) that, with a foam liner added, easily holds either
figures or 2-3 25mm vehicles; I suspect they would also do for
starships with a suitable liner shape. An extra advantage is that
no-one is likely to steal what they probably think contains your
kids' sandwiches and packet of crisps!	;-)

Jon (GZG)