Prev: Re: Kids at GZG ECC? Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1881

Re: [OT]New Virus in the wild

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:13:21 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT]New Virus in the wild

> It's _much_ better to put the attached item on a private web or ftp
> server instead - encoding an item for email transfer increases the
size
> by 33%, and by your separating the large component the recipient can
> _choose_ whether and when to examine it.

Yes, definitely, though it assumes that you have a private web site
available, and that the person on the other end knows how to use it.
When it
comes to sending pictures of the kids to the inlaws, it's sometimes
easier to
send it as an attachment.

However, I much prefer grabbing the attachment off the web myself. My
home
connection is still dial-up and slow. I'd rather someone tell me where
to get
the attachment than have to wait for it to download as part of my
e-mail.

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Kids at GZG ECC? Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1881