Prev: Re: [OT]New Virus in the wild Next: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention

Re: [OT]New Virus in the wild

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:26:47 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT]New Virus in the wild

***
I've received over 100 e-mail bounce reports from mail supposedly sent
by
me, each of which has the MyDoom worm in. This worm spoofs the sender
address, and installs Malware that causes it to open an unauthorised
connection on port 3127.
***

Just for clarification, the bounce reports ARE the worm transport,
according to reports I'm seeing. So if you get back a bounce message
with
an attachment, DON'T CHECK IT OUT.

Also, please tell me everyone has auto-start/open on attachments is
disabled on everyone's mail client. I suggest disabling Java/Javascript
except by permission, but I'm a nervous nelly...

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [OT]New Virus in the wild Next: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention