Prev: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention Next: Re: [OT]New Virus in the wild

Re: Kids at GZG ECC?

From: warbeads@j...
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:42:09 -0600
Subject: Re: Kids at GZG ECC?

Roger, that, Beth!

After several thefts of boxes of figures at local cons the old SCA'er in
me commented that  you could lose a hand digging through other people's
boxes unasked.	Some people are not sure I am kidding.	I like the
uncertainty in "those" minds.  <serious face>  And I can neither confirm
or deny that I am or am not joking.  <end of serious face> LOL!

But although the loss was traumatic for me as one of the (smaller)
victims, I much rather fear leaving stuff behind (I did once, Park
Service apparently threw it away) or people breaking things (I break
enough of my own thank you...) that I now have stuff on the table or
locked up in the car.

Gracias,
Glenn

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:10:10 +1100 <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au> writes:
>G'day,
>
>> I wasnt thinking of the for-kids terrain & blocks, I was
>> thinking of the not-for-kids gear lying around.
>
>That really depends on the kid... well person of any age in my
>experience. My kids (even Mei at 2) know to look but not touch whereas
>I've had guys in their 50s maul figs without a thought for what they
>were doing. As for concentration spans, Lachy (nearly 10) would be
>fine all day, Janneke (7) would be good for about 2 hours and Mei (2)
>would be happy rolling dice for about 1/2 an hour. So once again
>depends on the kid.
>
>Cheers
>
>Beth

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention Next: Re: [OT]New Virus in the wild