Prev: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention Next: RE: Kids at GZG ECC?

Re: Kids at GZG ECC?

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:09:29 +0000
Subject: Re: Kids at GZG ECC?

I ran a Lord of the Rings game using the GW rules (which for the
GW-phobes out there are better than you might expect) that held the
attention of two 12-year-olds (plus several 30+ year-olds) for the best
part of 6 hours on Saturday. It even managed to occupy my son Elliot
(who's only 3) for most of the day as well since I had him doing my dice

rolling for me (he was lousy at priority rolls but a demon at keeping
Theoden alive !). Part of the secret of that success was having easily
recognisable characters that the kids could relate to as well as a
fairly straightforward set of rules that kept the action rolling along
at a decent pace.

Tony

Prev: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention Next: RE: Kids at GZG ECC?