Prev: Re: [OT]Peperoni Next: Re: [GZG Fiction] Seventy Dead after Freighter Accident

Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention

From: Aaron Teske <mithramuse@y...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 07:08:52 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention

--- Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:
> When I came over for GenCon back in '96, airport security
> asked about a bag of figures and I used just that line, to
> get the response "Oh yeah, Warhammer stuff, my brother plays
> that...."  So I guess they do have their uses
> occasionally....  ;-)
>
> Jon (GZG)

One of the more amusing airport security scenes I have seen in
my travels was on my return home from Hong Kong at the end of
2000 -- a guy was apparently carrying a couple GW boxes of
WH40K/WHFB Greater Demons home that I guess he found somewhere
there, and made the mistake of putting them in his carry-on bag,
not his checked luggage.

>From the expression on the security officer's face, she *really*
did not know what to make of these things... not just the minis,
but the artwork on the boxes, too.  (I think these were older
boxes, which may be why the guy bought them -- the artwork was,
um, much more graphical than what is on the boxes in the US.
Kinda like Terry Pratchett book covers here, the publishers seem
to like toning things down for the US market, very disappointing
sometimes!)

'Til later,
			   Aaron

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

Prev: Re: [OT]Peperoni Next: Re: [GZG Fiction] Seventy Dead after Freighter Accident