Prev: Re: [GZG Fiction] Seventy Dead after Freighter Accident Next: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention

Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention

From: Lachlan Atcliffe <u1m87@u...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:10:34 +0000
Subject: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention

Ground Zero Games wrote:

> I'm already planning to ship whatever is ready in time by mail in
> advance; the only stuff - if any - that I'll actually have in baggage
> (checked-in, not hand luggage, to avoid any problems about pointy
> metal bits...) is perhaps a few advance samples of any last-minute
> releases that miss the postal consignment, and of course they will be
> gifts for the friends I'm meeting over there...

A polite warning, John (yes, yes, another one). Put any miniatures in
something easily opened and checked through - and bear in mind the
people who will be doing the looking. Last summer I took a small cache
of miniatures to GenCon in my checked luggage, all in (labelled)
carboard boxes lined with bubble-wrap, clearly telling everyone what
they were and not having any trouble...until I ran into a guy at San
Diego aiport who gleefully upended the lot onto a solid metal table,
shaking the box repeatedly to make sure every small piece of
easily-damaged metal fell out.	It didn't think you /could/ bend a IJN
DN's forward hull...and naturally a few pieces were lost forever >.<

Sorry to add yet another scare story to the list, but if these are
all-new stuff or prototypes...

 >I'm coming over to meet some friends (Indy, Jon et al) and attend a
SciFi convention  (they probably won't >understand about gaming...).

They might do, actually - in fact, I had more trouble explaining the
concept of a convention than what went on at it! If in doubt, grit your
teeth and say "like Games Workshop stuff"...

- Lachlan Atcliffe

Prev: Re: [GZG Fiction] Seventy Dead after Freighter Accident Next: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention