Prev: Re: NAC additions Next: Re: Hi

Re: NAC additions

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:15:05 -0500
Subject: Re: NAC additions

At 9:00 PM +0100 1/19/04, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
>Ryan Gill wrote:
>
>>Nike Class Area Defense Battlecruiser
>>(Majestic class Hull & Spade with sensors and larger PDS Diamonds)
>				  Mass	  Cost
>TMF: 118			 -	 118
>NPV: 458
>Thrust 4/FTL			 24+12	 48+24
>32 Hull			 32	 64
>6 Armor		 6	 12
>1 Screen			 6	 18
>14 PDS 		 14	 42
>2 Class 1			 2	 6
>2 Class 2 (6 arcs)		 6	 18
>x3 ADFC		 6	 24
>2 FC				 2	 8
>MT Sup Sensors w/ ECM	 2+3?	 30+30?
>Total				 115?
>
>I've assumed Area ECM, but even so it doesn't add up to the TMF
specified.

I think these two BC's got screwed up in the
process from design to drawing the SSD.

It looks like 117/455 is more correct for mass/cost w/ 35 hull points.

>>Black Prince Class Battlecruiser
>>(Ticonderoga hull with a long Avalon class Spade)
>				  Mass	  Cost
>TMF: 134			 -	 134
>NPV:487
>Thrust: 6/FTL			 40+13	 80+26
>32 Hull			 32	 64
>5 Armor		 5	 10
>1 Screen			 7	 21
>2 PDS				 2	 6
>2 Class 1			 2	 6
>2 Class 3 (4 Arc)		 14	 42
>2 FC				 2	 8
>MT Sup Sensors 	 2	 30
>Total				 119
>
>Matt is not the only one wondering where the missing 15 Mass went <g>

I think I've made some mistake in transcribing
the stats to my SSDs. Double checking the data
base I made these in (another copy at work must
have the Nike), show TMF of 107  for the Black
Prince with 335 and 2 mass as reserve with no
sensors or ECM. Hmm.

>>Beatty Class Fast Battleship
>>(Victoria Class Hull/Spade w/ Vandenburg class Engine Pods)
>				  Mass	  Cost
>TMF: 134			 -	 134
>NPV: 487
>Thrust: 6/FTL			 40+13	 80+26
>30 Hull			 30	 60
>5 Armor		 5	 10
>1 Screen			 7	 21
>4 PDS				 4	 12
>ADFC				 2	 8
>3 FC				 3	 12
>2 Pulse Torps			 8	 24
>2 Class 1			 2	 6
>3 Class 3 (3 arcs)		 12	 36
>MT Sup Sensors 	 2	 30
>Total				 128
>
>6 Mass missing on this one

Weird...I wonder if one of my versions of my Data
Base are farked on a calculation somewhere. I
hope not.

Picking at it, it looks like it may be a confusion on costs.
3 Class 3 w/ 3 arcs each should be 6 mass per mount/18 mass for the 3.

>>Santa Maria Class BDN
>>(Excalibur w/ Ticonderoga center hull (less engines) in place of
broomstick)
>				  Mass	  Cost
>TMF 175		 -	 175
>NPV 631
>Thrust4/FTL			 35+18	 70+36
>45 hull/10 armor		 45+10	 90+20
>1 screen			 9	 27
>7 PDS				 7	 21
>1 ADFC 		 2	 8
>3 FC				 3	 12
>4 P Torps (fore)		 16	 48
>4 Class 1			 4	 12
>4 Class 3 (3 arc)		 24	 72
>MT Sup Sensors 	 2	 30
>Total				 175	 621
>
>Mass OK, but I get the cost 10 pts lower than Ryan does

This works with an 187 mass and Average Hull/56
and a cost of 677. The Sensors and ECM are a lot
of cost that don't usually get used in game. I
used this ship last night with an Excalibur and
Valley Forge in a battle and it worked out quite
well as a line of battle ship.

>>Long Beach Class SDN
>>(Vally Forge Hull)
>				  Mass	  Cost
>TMF: 190			 -	 190
>NPV: 685
>Thrust: 4/FTL			 38+19	 76+38
>44 Hull/10 armor		 44+10	 88+20
>1 Screen			 10	 30
>6 PDS				 6	 18
>1 ADFC 		 2	 8
>3 FC				 3	 12
>4 Class 1			 4	 12
>10 MT missiles 		 20	 60
>3 SM Launchers (2 fore 1 aft)	 9	 27
>1 SM Magazines (1st fore	 9	 27
>    launcher w/ 3 standard 1 ER)
>1 SM Magazine (2nd fore & aft	 14	 42
>   launchers w/4 standard
>   and 2 ER)
>MT Sup Sensors w/ ECM	 2	 30
>Total				 190	 678

Hmm, Enhanced Sensors and Enhanced ECM (or a
combination of Sup/None). But cost should be 705.

190 Mass/725 NPV
More correctly, Avg/57 Hull
Sup Sensors, Ship ECM

I just figured out a problem with some of my
constructions to tweak. If you shift spare mass
to hull integrity, the cost should go up for the
structure. Reserve mass is only charged for the
basic hull cost, if it's used for structure, it
adds an additional x2 NPV per mass (charged 3
times).

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: Re: NAC additions Next: Re: Hi