Prev: Re: Anyone have images of some of the GZG Future Wars line? Next: [GZG] Catalogs Re: Anyone have images of some of the GZG Future Wars line?

Re: HEAT...Re: New 'electrical active' Armour to defeat hand held anti-tank rounds

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:19:01 +0100
Subject: Re: HEAT...Re: New 'electrical active' Armour to defeat hand held anti-tank rounds

Ludo Toen wrote:

>>>Although, I do have to agree with the original cut:	 "There is
nothing
>>>"plasma-like" about the metal jet from a HEAT round."
>>>Frankly, there's nothing plasma-like.  It _IS_ plasma.
>>
>>Well, there's a lot of misinformation about the Monroe effect creating

>>plasma from the liner. I'm really looking for our fried that works on
the
>>bloody things to pipe up. Oerjan?
>
>As somebody who works with the stuff I can tell you the liner has very
>little to do the penetrating effect.

Increasing the penetration by a factor of three or more - sometimes
*much*
more - is "very little"?!? OK, in a linear charge applied directly to
the
target the liner might not improve the penetration that much, but in
modern
military HEAT warheads it certainly does. (Doesn't make the jet any more

plasma-like, of course <g>)

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com