Prev: Re: India, GZG-style (LONG) Next: Re: Anyone have images of some of the GZG Future Wars line?

Re: HEAT...Re: New 'electrical active' Armour to defeat hand held anti-tank rounds

From: ludo toen <ludo.toen@p...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:56:16 +0100
Subject: Re: HEAT...Re: New 'electrical active' Armour to defeat hand held anti-tank rounds

>> Although, I do have to agree with the original cut:	 "There is
>> nothing "plasma-like" about the metal jet from a HEAT round."
>> Frankly, there's nothing plasma-like.  It _IS_ plasma.
>

> Well, there's a lot of misinformation about the Monroe effect creating

> plasma from the liner. I'm really looking for our fried that works on
> the bloody things to pipe up. Oerjan?

As somebody who works with the stuff I can tell you the liner has very
little to do the penetrating effect. We use among other things (linear)
shaped charges to cut through projectile casings that consists of a roll

of  flexible explosives with a V shaped incision. All this is embedded
in adhesive backed foam. I really doubt the ability of foam to become
plasma ;-)

Ludo

Prev: Re: India, GZG-style (LONG) Next: Re: Anyone have images of some of the GZG Future Wars line?