Prev: Re: [FT] orbital sighting Next: Re: DLD 2004 Sale

Re: [FT] orbital sighting

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:19:50 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] orbital sighting

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 03:11:12PM -0500, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:

[Indy:]
>>Well, I was taking it as a given that the observers in question
>had clear skies. ;-)

This is an SF gaming list, not fantasy... :-) (Says the bloke in London
with a 1600 foot overcast.)

>"They said on the news that we could see the battle! I've been standing
>here in a storm for two hours, getting rain up my nose, and I can't see
>dadburned thing!"

Oh, that's OK - the people with clear skies got terminal sunburn...

(Being fair, this is actually extremely unlikely. OTOH electromagnetic
pulses can be fun.)

Roger

Prev: Re: [FT] orbital sighting Next: Re: DLD 2004 Sale