Prev: RE: this is a first... Next: Re: this is a first... Firefly

Re: this is a first... Firefly

From: Ah Clem <ahclem@a...>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:46:43 -0500
Subject: Re: this is a first... Firefly

Well, after all the buzz about Firefly on the list I decided to check it

out.  I remembered I still had a Borders gift card left over from my
birthday.  So I picked up the DVD set for 39.99 plus tax.  Just got done

watching the first two episodes (the pilot?).  What can I say?	It's
great.

Thanks to all for bringing it to my attention.	I had never heard of the

show before.  It sure does remind me of all those hours I spent playing
Traveller.  I was trying to explain this to my teenager as we watched.
He
said he'd like to play Traveller sometime... like tomorrow.  I said I'd
dig
the books out of the basement so he could read them.  He said, "Oh no, I

don't want to read all that.  You just explain it to me."  Kids.

At 10:00 PM 1/1/04, you wrote:

>It was at 330 reviews two days ago. In two days it has also moved from
14
>to 11 in the DVD sales rankings.
>

>Jon Davis wrote:
>
>>Another resource and a list of reviews are at Amazon.com for the
>>Firefly DVD set.
>>
>>I ordered the set this morning and the ratings had it at 5 stars and
over
>>350 reviews.	A number of reviews go into more detail regarding the
series,
>>the depth of the characters, and tension, excitement, and humor of the
>>show.
>

>--
>We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade

>and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they
are
>hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of
our
>energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing
>accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to
win,
>and the others, too.
>
>http://www.cs.umb.edu/jfklibrary/j091262.htm

Best Regards,

Bob Yeager
ahclem@adelphia.net

Prev: RE: this is a first... Next: Re: this is a first... Firefly