Prev: Re: Happy 2004!! Next: Re: Happy 2004!!

Re: this is a first...

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:54:58 -0800
Subject: Re: this is a first...

It's post-Xmas, so I'm watching my Firefly DVD set. Mmmm mmmm good. I'm
on disc four, and have now seen two of the unaired episodes and one I
missed first time around. Damn this show was good.

I can only conclude that the Fox execs responsible for the Friday 8pm
schedule and subsequent cancellation... never watched the frelling show.

It's worth a shot to rent the first disc, a lot of you can just add it
to your Netflix queue.

Jared Hilal wrote:

>--- Allan Goodall <agoodall@att.net> wrote:
>

>>On 13 Dec 2003 at 13:22, Jared Hilal wrote:
>>

>>>I am suspicious of any sci-fi from the man who brought us "Buffy
>>>the Vampire Slayer" :)
>>>

>>I preferred Angel to Buffy (it was less angst ridden), but I
>>

>preferred
>

>>both to Firefly.   <snip>
>>
>>On the other hand, I've seen enough people here liking it that I may
>>get the DVDs.  <snip>
>>
>>Of course if you don't like Buffy (and what's wrong with ya anyway?
>>*duck*) then you may not care for Firefly.
>>

>Never said I didn't enjoy watching "Buffy...", I just meant that having
>seen these, I am suspisious of his vision for sci-fi.
>
>Also, my enjoyment of "Buffy" and "Angel" has more to do with Kristy
>Swanson, Allison Hannigan, Charisma Carpenter and Eliza Dushku :D  and
>a TiVo-bility to FFwd throught the teen angst :)

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade
and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are
hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of
our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are
willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we
intend to win, and the others, too.

http://www.cs.umb.edu/jfklibrary/j091262.htm

Prev: Re: Happy 2004!! Next: Re: Happy 2004!!