Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Happy Christmas to all! Next: Re: Best Inkjet Decal Paper?

Re: Best Inkjet Decal Paper?

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:40:08 -0600
Subject: Re: Best Inkjet Decal Paper?

>For what it's worth, I'm working (on the side) for Decals Express
>(www.wargamesexpress.com).

Same folks that Thomas Pope used to flog on the list, right? I bought
several sets, and while I can't comment on the usability, as I STILL
haven't tried applying any yet, I have to say that the service was
incredible! You've a tough act to follow.

>Oh, BTW, I have tried doing decals on an inkjet and it did not work
very
>well.	I am now using an ALPS MD-5000 dry transfer printer and print on
>sheets of decal paper.  This method works much better and we get pretty
>clean decal sheets out of it.

The ALPS does inkjet, but has a small thermal unit per dot to fix the
ink,
right? I thought that the thing that made the decals really work was
being
able to put down a layer of white, then color, so that whatever was
underneath wouldn't 'shadow' through. But, it's been a long time since
I'd
bought the original batches.

Shameless plugs that support the figs as well as ECC is a 'good thing'.

I just wish someone could work out a deal with Jon that would allow
FT/FB
national insignia... *sigh*

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Happy Christmas to all! Next: Re: Best Inkjet Decal Paper?