Prev: Re: Best time to apply a wash? Next: Re: Gladiator Mk II Hover Tank?

Re: Best time to apply a wash?

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:15:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Best time to apply a wash?

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Mark A. Siefert wrote:

> Hey all:
>
> I'm in the process of repainting my Gauntlet II APCs and I was
wondering,
> when would you apply a wash to the vehicle?  I intend on using a coat
of
> future floor wax to gloss coat it before putting decals on it.  Would
you
> put the wash after the decals go on and a second gloss coat added, or
at
> some point before?

Wash after the decals go on; that'll help blend them into the paint.
Then
go with the 2nd gloss coat, then a coat or two of matte Dullcote or
similar.

(Military vehicles shouldn't be shiny, after all. The Dullcote is
vital!)

Brian.

Prev: Re: Best time to apply a wash? Next: Re: Gladiator Mk II Hover Tank?