Prev: RE: GZG Questions Next: Spaceships American Style?

RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

From: "Andreas Udby" <javelin98@l...>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:14:55 -0500
Subject: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

> I also believe that there is an Air Force base near Spokane.

That's Fairchild AFB -- a SAC base with nuclear capability.  I grew up
there, and we used to watch the B-52's flying around all the time, but
to see a fighter is rare.

There's also Mountainhome AFB in Idaho and Malmstrom AFB in Montana;
those might be TAC bases, although I don't know for sure any more.

Western Washington has Fort Lewis (3rd Bde, 2ID;  1st Bde, 25th ID;  2nd
Ranger Bn.;  1st SFG), McChord AFB (mostly heavy lift stuff), Bangor sub
base, Bremerton shipyard, and the Whidbey Island NAS, if anyone needs a
run-down.  It's the largest concentration of US military power north of
San Diego/Ft. Irwin and west of Colorado.

Free Poetry Contest. Win $10,000. Submit your poem @ Poetry.com!
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;6750922;3807821;l?http://www.poetry.com/co
ntest/contest.asp?Suite=A59101

Prev: RE: GZG Questions Next: Spaceships American Style?