Prev: Re: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners Next: Re: [Traveller_FullThrust] Power Projection:Fleet (Long)

Re: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:45:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
> At 3:41 PM -0800 12/16/03, Brian B wrote:
> >
> >Actually, that's Bangor Washington.	Along with
>
> Doh.. Its that other cold wet state up north close
> to canada... ;-)

Heh.... less cold more wet....

> >Bremerton, Everett, and NAS Whidbey Island, as well
> as
> >Ft. Lewis and Fairchild AFB, Cascadia would not to
> be
> >trifled with either.
>

> The ssbns are based in two places as I understand
> it.

Yup, Bangor has 8 SSBN's and 2 SSGN's.	Everett has 3
FFG's and 2 DDG's, Bremerton a CVN and 4 AOE's, and
NAS Whidbey has 19 squadrons, including prowlers,
Orions, and a bunch of supply stuff.  Light on
fighters, though both WA and OR have AFR ang ANG
squadrons, plus 2 Active Duty AFB's (Including
Fairchild, home to the USAF's SERE school).

=====
"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
you are."

- Anonymous

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/