Prev: RE: Ship Bits files for Power Projection Next: Re: this is a first...

Re: this is a first...

From: David Brewer <davidbrewer@b...>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:50:11 +0000
Subject: Re: this is a first...

Katie Lucas wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 01:43:24PM -0500, Ryan M Gill wrote:
> > At 12:34 PM -0600 12/10/03, Doug Evans wrote:
>
> > I did in fact like the combat scenes rather well. The depth of field
> > was interesting and I liked how shots of ships that were fleeting
> > were kind of like the view one would have if tracking with some kind
> > of optical sensors.  Their use of lingo and terminology was pretty
> > nice as well.
>
> That sort of thing is starting to turn up a lot -- there were several
> shots in "Firefly" where the focus drifted in and out before settling
on
> ships and they weren't dead centre, like they were being watched
> through long lenses.

It was, so I have read, the same company doing the effects for BG
and Firefly. According to messages on alt.tv.firefly a Firefly
class ship appears on screen for about three seconds of BG.

--
David Brewer

"The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific
Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of
facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS)

Prev: RE: Ship Bits files for Power Projection Next: Re: this is a first...