Prev: RE: Ship Bits files for Power Projection Next: [OT] Cool little game!

Re: Ship Bits files for Power Projection

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:07:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Ship Bits files for Power Projection

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Dominic Mooney wrote:

> On Friday, December 12, 2003, at 09:31 PM, Doug Evans wrote:
>
> > Was Greek to me.
> >
> > If it doesn't open automatically with Winzip, and I can't manipulate
> > with
> > Paint, it probably won't do me much good.
>
> What's this Windows thing? Aren't they in houses? ;-)

Hey, back in 1997 (!!) Microshaft came out with what turned into (once
patched) a decent, stable OS. I understand they're still trying to do
better...

> What formats does Paint handle? I'm not doing BMP *shudder*.

In Win98se: .bmp (sorry...), .jpg/.jpeg, .gif.

It *will* open .tif as well, if you tell it to display "All Files"
first.
Can't handle .png, though. Forget any of the more exotic formats. I'm
pretty sure Paint will only save in .jpg,.gif & .bmp.

Anything wrong with .gif format? Granted .png is more elegant &
copyright-issue-free, but .gif does work.

Brian
http://wind.prohosting.com/~warbard/games.html

Prev: RE: Ship Bits files for Power Projection Next: [OT] Cool little game!