Prev: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners Next: RE: Ship Bits files for Power Projection

RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:10:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

--- Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
> At 3:10 PM -0800 12/12/03, Brian B wrote:
> >
> >I dunno about that.	Look at how angry the
> confederate
> >flah makes a lot of African Americans.  The
> >Confederacy carries a bad connotation for
> Blacks.....
>
> Yes, but things aren't so peachy in in the North.
> Ohio isn't the
> South. LA isn't the South. And you know, master
> slave in the context
> of computer harddrives is offensive too!
>

> Some of the Confederate Flag grousing is similar to
> swastika
> grousing. "That swastika offends me!!! "umm this is
> the [Finnish
> flag/buddist sign of good luck/Navaho symbol of the
> sun] you moron."
>
> Some people can't look beyond their 160 year old
> past and move on.
> Most of it down here is grousing and BS. Not enough
> in my opinion to
> really split up a good thing mind you.

IOW, whatever split we see seems less and less likely
to be based on the old Confederacy.....

=====
"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
you are."

- Anonymous

http://photos.yahoo.com/

Prev: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners Next: RE: Ship Bits files for Power Projection