Prev: Re: BITS @ Dragonmeet 2003 and Power Projection:Fleet Next: Re: Ship Bits files for Power Projection

RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:10:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

--- "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote:

> First, it wouldn't necessarily break by state--for
> example, northern
> Virginia might well go with DC/Maryland instead of
> the rest of Virginia.

Oh, I definitely have quite a few mid-state splits, so
that's no problem.  I just don't know the area well
enough to get specific.

> Second, how big are the new nations in the rest of
> the country?	ie are you
> looking for nations which are about as big as part
> of a state, two states,
> five states, what?

2-5 states normally.

> If you're looking for groups of about 10 states,
> frankly you're going to
> get the Confederacy again (maybe called something
> else officially but
> you'll see the Rebel battle flag about five seconds
> later).  Yeah, some
> people won't like it--but some people will just love
> it.

My point was, ENOUGH people won't like it that it's
formation will be messy at best..... or there's going
to be a HUGE migration of African Americans away from
it.  I don't know what the demographics are, but what
% of the population is black in those states?  I just
don't think the re-institution of the Confederacy
would be as smooth and cut-and-dried as some might
think.	YMMV.

My wife's
> roommate in grad school, for instance, came from
> Louisiana and considered
> "damyankee" to be one word.

You easterners and your silly feuds....

=====
"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
you are."

- Anonymous

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/