Prev: Re: this is a first... Next: Re: Galactica 2003

Re: Galactica 2003

From: "Stuart Ford" <stuart@f...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:44:54 -0600
Subject: Re: Galactica 2003

> Primary armaments were slugs and missiles. I loved the Galactica's
> Point defense barrage. Its what missile combat should look like in FT,
> IMO.

With all the energy available to the ship, why do they not have any
heavy
direct energy weapons?

If Apollo could simulate a 50kt Nuke blast off of one coil hooked to the
FTL
of "Colonial 1", how much power could the Galatica pump into a Particle
Cannon, or Electron Beam?

> > I'm not a big fan of the retractable landing bays. It seems like a
> > purposeless plot device, but it looked cool.
>
> I suspect it is done for FTL, but it does seem a little corny...

<continuity police>

Did they check the effects footage before releasing the show?

After retracting the bays for the first FTL jump... the FX shot showing
the
jump clearly has the bays extended!

</continuity police>

Sorry, just ranting
Stuart

Prev: Re: this is a first... Next: Re: Galactica 2003