Prev: Re: this is a first... Next: Re: [DS] Battlestar Galactica (SciFi channel Version) Vipers & Raiders

[DS] Battlestar Galactica (SciFi channel Version) Vipers & Raiders

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:49:52 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [DS] Battlestar Galactica (SciFi channel Version) Vipers & Raiders

Here's a quick suggestion for how to build the
fighters from the MiniSeries versions, just based on
my observations of the miniseries.

These observations are subjective.  I have not made
any effort to make these ships efficient or
affordable, just to refelct what I saw on screen.

Colonial Viper:
Class 3 Aerospace Armor: 3  Stealth 0 Enhanced ECM
Enhanced Firecon (when they're not being jammed)
2xMDC-2
Superior PDS

Based on the gatling sound and tracer fire, I'm
assuming the weapons on the Viper are some sort of
rapid fire weapon, so I went with a pair of MDC-2's,
and added the PDS based on the main weapons' ability
to shoot down incoming missiles.  (Given the ability
to shoot down passing missiles as well, you could use
my house rules and make it a class 4 with 2xMDC and
superior ZADFC)
Stealthing didn't seem a big priority in the movies,
though ECM and firecon did.  The Mk VII's
(pre-jamming) would be superior each, the old models
would be enhanced.

Cylon Fighters:
Class 5, armor 3.  Superior ECM & Firecon, Stealth 4
1xHEL-3, 4xGMS/H
The cylon jamming capability can be simulated by
better stealth levels.	They definitely threw out a
lot of missiles, although they were definitely GMS,
not SLAM's, and the anti-ship missiles would be DFO,
or better simulated in FT.  They're definitely bigger
machines than the Vipers, but didn't seem any easier
to hit or kill with a hit.  I don't remember seeing
their Direct Fire weapon firing, so I guessed at it
being a HEL.

=====
"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
you are."

- Anonymous

http://photos.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: this is a first... Next: Re: [DS] Battlestar Galactica (SciFi channel Version) Vipers & Raiders