Prev: Re: [FT] Campaign Poll Next: Re: [FT] Campaign guidelines Re: [FT] Campaign Poll

Re: [FT] Campaign Poll

From: "Robert Eldridge" <bob_eldridge@m...>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:15:04 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Campaign Poll

But none of that stuff is absolutely necessary for a campaign. Indeed,
I've
found that the best and most enjoyable campaigns (not just in FT) are
what
I'll call operational level, where one has an objective (or series of
objectives) to accomplish with a given force pool. In other words the
players are admirals, not heads of state, we're talking in terms of days
or
weeks, not months or years, and many things are beyond their control. It
makes for simple yet challenging campaign that you can still integrate
ground and space action if desired.